Thursday, August 13, 2009

A day of errands

Today I was a bit lonely. I was proud of myself for getting up at a good hour and going for a robust 2 mile walk. Today was a day of errand running -- getting the brakes checked at Midas (which were in good shape, thank goodness!), Target, Wal-Mart, grocery store, ATM, etc. It felt good to get a lot crossed off my to do list, but I also find that my challenge is when I do such errands, I spend money. I'm not necessarily saying I spend tons of money -- and it's all stuff that is acceptable and somewhat necessary (today it was toilet paper, vitamins, red yeast rice capsules, a lamp for my living room, pencil case, glue, cleaning supplies, Turkey Hill iced tea, 2 t-shirts) ... but when I'm not busy with work, I can find myself spending money. I have wondered how I would feel if I were in a marriage & didn't work outside of the home, but still spent money ... I'm feeling that a bit these days, even though I'm still making money. So this evening, I went to work on my back stairway -- my paint stripping project keeps me busy (and slightly frustrated) but I like seeing the progress, even if I'm not sure it will turn out exactly how I hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sue,
I'm going to like keeping up with you through this blog! I'm glad you are doing it. Just reading your comments today about running around doing errands and spending money was insightful and made me think about my life. I would comment now, but I need to take a shower and then take 4 kids to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and fun! Reyn has a friend spending the night. Meg had a friend spend last night. Kate has to wait awhile!! Although she declared the other day, "Mom! I want to have a friend over!" She is just as social and dramatic as #1 child. Oh my!!